MAHARASHTRA TELECOM CIRCLE (MHTC) under the BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED (A Govt. of India Enterprise) is serving the entire state of Maharashtra (except Mumbai-MTNL) & Goa. This circle is headed by Chief General Manager. He leads a strong & unified team of PGMs , GMs, TDMs and 22,637 highly skilled technical & non-technical workforce.
MHTC serves a vast terrain of 310762 Sq. Kms covering lot of coastal & hilly area. Basic as well as value added telecom services such as Internet, ISDN and Intelligent Network are provided to the population of 3 crores in Urban Area and 6 crores in Rural Area. Vital attention is given for the development of Village Public Telephone System network throughout the Circle.
- Be the leading telecom service provider in India with global presence.
- Create a customer focused organization with excellence in customer care, sales and marketing.
- Leverage technology to provide affordable and innovative telecom. Services/products across customer segments.
Be the leading telecom service provider in India with global presence.
- Becoming the most trusted, preferred and admired telecom brand
- Providing reliable telecom services that are value for money
- Generating value for all stakeholders – employees, shareholders, vendors & business associates
- Excellence in customer service -friendly, reliable, time bound, convenient and courteous service
- Offering differentiated products/services tailored to different service segments
- Developing a marketing and sales culture that is responsive to customer needs
- To explore International markets for Global presence
- Maximizing return on existing assets with sustained focus on profitability
- Changing policies and processes to enable transparent, quick and efficient decision making.
- To increasing sales revenue with focus on subscriber retention & acquisition by way of strengthening sales & marketing, quality of service and customer delivery
- Accelerate the pace of expansion of mobile & data services with up-gradation of technology
- Increasing BSNL visibility in urban, sub-urban and rural areas
- Developing sales and marketing team with attitude towards customer care
- To improve customer care by reducing fault rate, upgrading Customer service Centres (CSCs) and introducing convergent billing
- Providing a conducive work environment with strong focus on performance to enhance customer delight towards BSNL services
- Leverage data services to increase BSNL’s customer’s base & revenues by providing higher bandwidths capabilities for wire line and wireless broadband customers
- To strengthen company’s finances by gainful utilization of its assets through sharing / monetization of existing infrastructure like land, building and sharing of passive infrastructure like towers etc.
- Creating Wi-Fi Hot Spots and replacing Legacy wire line exchanges by Next Generation Network.
- Expanding the reach of fiber network near to the customer premises particularly in apartment complexes through FTTH in order to meet the ever increasing bandwidth requirement for both data & video applications
- To leverage the existing infrastructure of BSNL thereby contributing towards nation building by facilitating the execution of government programmes and initiatives viz. National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN), Network for Spectrum (NFS), and dwelling on Smart City concept
- To improve productivity by training and skill development and redeployment of legacy manpower
- Developing knowledge pool exposed to latest technological advancements
- To explore opportunities in international telecom in developing markets
- To become preferred service provider to the Government for reliable and secure service Network and to serve National security interests